Update by user Dec 15, 2011

Amerisave has agreed to refund half of my $425 appraisal fee.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2011

My credit score is above 800 and I was declined.I was pre-approved and ultimately my loan was declined because my condo unit was only at 60% occupancy when the underwriter requires a 90% occupancy rate.

Of course they do not let you know this requirement until after you have paid $400+ for your appraisal and after you have increased your HO-6 coverage. This was after 2 months of trying to chase down the "mortgage specialist." The individual I dealt with was difficult to reach and was constantly on vacation.

My only hope is that the $700+ I loss after being "pre-approved" can somehow help to discourage other people from dealing with Amerisave.My advice is to go with Lending Tree or Quicken Loans.

Review about: Amerisave Mortgage.

Had an Experience with Amerisave?

Comments

Huntingtown, Maryland, United States #957593

Go with a known name mortgage company. They all tout they are so low, but many times will hit you with an "Out of State" fee of $1000 or more at the settlement table, when you feel you can't walk away and have to pay it.

Hello,

This is Amerisave Customer Service. Please contact us at 888-700-4026 or customersatisfaction@amerisave.com so that we can assist. Thanks